Monday, May 16, 2016

Coffee, Anyone?

I'm having a giant cup as I type this. I love coffee. Cold coffee, hot coffee, flavored coffee, coffee with whipped cream on it...okay, I'l stop. You get the idea. So it's no surprise that I fell in love with this fabric which depicts...yeah, you guessed it...coffee. I couldn't resist making a hot/cold therapy pack from it. (Follow the link in the photo to my website)
coffee themed heat therapy pack  
Coffee Time!
But let's talk about coffee for a moment. Medical news vacillates in it's opinion; it's good for you, it's bad for you; it's good for you... Of course, we're talking in moderation. Fifteen cups a day is probably not so good. But in moderation, coffee has great health benefits. Here's one: I actually was told by my doctor to drink coffee daily  Why? Because it's good for liver disease. Finally, doctor's orders I can get on board with! Haha.  I'm a happy girl. What else is it good for? Check out some of the benefits: 
  1. Reducing type 2 diabetes.
  2. Helps to control Parkinson's disease movements.
  3. Reduces risk for cirrhosis of the liver.
  4. Helps prevent heart failure.
  5. It can help you burn fat!
  6. Gives you an energy boost.
  7. May protect you from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
  8. May help with depression.
Here's a great source of info on the topic. Here's another source .

So go ahead, grab a cup of coffee and better your health!













No comments:

Post a Comment